Are your organization’s values toothless?
|March 7, 2016||Posted by Assegid under Leadership, Self Awareness, Self Management, Success, Updates, Values & Character||
Some corporate values maybe there just to appease some stakeholders internally and externally. These kinds of values are toothless. They’re there for public consumption.
You can easily check yourself whether the values of your organization (or business) are consequential. Answer the following simple questions:
- How often your leaders bring up the values of your organization during one-on-ones?
- Do values are part of the agenda of some of the group discussions?
- Is the organization talk about its values during some of the companywide meetings?
- When was the last time, your organization fired a leader or employee for disrespecting one or more of its values?
- When was the last time a supervisor or manager was demoted for the lack of demonstrating loyalty to his/her company?