Home » Africa, Ethiopia, Leadership, Team Building, Updates, Values & Character » More than anything else the NEW BREED leaders need TRUST
More than anything else the NEW BREED leaders need TRUST
|April 2, 2017||Posted by Assegid under Africa, Ethiopia, Leadership, Team Building, Updates, Values & Character||
Without trust, it is unlikely to rally your supporters, partners, and other stakeholders.
Unfortunately, trust is a rare commodity.
Very few leaders consciously build, and sustain trust.
Building trust may take years, if not decades, but losing trust takes one wrong word or misstep…
Your passion, zeal, smartness, knowledge, communication, what have you, cannot substitute the place of trust in your leadership.
Without trust, you cannot bring impactful changes in your organization, community, and/or nation…
Recently, I was asked to facilitate a leadership retreat session on building trust. The workshop was very interactive and we covered important points that were aimed at empowering participants to understand:
- The place of trust in building an effective and functional team
- How can we consciously and proactively generate trust
- How can we constantly maintain trust
- Things that may erode trust
- And more…
From one to ten, one being untrustworthy and ten highly trustworthy, how do you measure your trustworthiness?
- Ask someone else to measure your trustworthiness.
- If you scored below 8, do you know the reason (s) why?
- Most importantly, going forward, what are your strategies to build trust? Remember, you can consciously and proactively generate trust.
If you need help in this regard, let me know…