Understanding the 11 Cures
Below is an excerpt from my upcoming book entitled ‘Overcoming 1st Timer Syndrome in Leadership’:
Overview on the 11 cures
Below are 11 cures you need to make a smooth transition in your first leadership position. They facilitate your healing from the syndrome quickly. If you take enough doses of these cures, not only do they cure you now, but also they immunize you for your future 1st timer leadership positions.
- Cure 1– Know Your Place, increases your awareness dose. It provides you the areas where you need to improve your self-awareness, what kinds of questions to ask, and where to find them so that you ‘know your place’ by profoundly knowing yourself, the organization, its people, and key stakeholders.
- Cure 2– Own Your Place, boosts your confidence level. It equips you to translate your knowing from the first cure into a positive attitude, emotions, and bold actions, which in turn increases your self-confidence to be in charge and ultimately to ‘own your place.’
- Cure 3– Build Your Team, multiplies your efforts exponentially. It enables you to understand how team dynamics work, the team-building model, and approaches that build and transform your team to function like a well-oiled machine.
- Cure 4– Communicate with Stakeholders Effectively, connects you with others very well. It assists you in recognizing what it takes to communicate effectively with your supervisor, team members, and other critical stakeholders by understanding their communication preferences, coming up with a communication strategies plan, and improving your communication competencies.
- Cure 5– Deliver Quick Results, heightens your productivity right away. It empowers you to deliver results by setting goals, managing your time and energy, and increasing your and your team’s productivity quickly.
- Cure 6– Make Timely Decisions, encourages you in the face of problems and challenges. It prepares you to make tough and timely decisions, even when you don’t have enough time and data to rely on, by understanding the problem-solving model, sources of decision making, and more.
- Cure 7– Engage Your People, elevates your influence to the next level. It teaches you how to inspire and engage your people from the get-go by recognizing how motivation works and creating a culture that engages, offers proper appreciation, and employs effective delegation.
- Cure 8– Strive for Excellence, magnifies your performance. It educates you to realize the place of excellence, how to manage performance, create and sustain a culture that promotes feedback giving and receiving, and the ability to deal with poor performers.
- Cure 9– Articulate Your Leadership Philosophy, makes you predictable. It introduces you to a critical leadership concept- Leadership Philosophy, why it is essential, how to articulate your philosophy, and share it with your key people.
- Cure 10– Become Authentic and Credible, enhances your trustworthiness. It shows you the place of authenticity and credibility in leadership, the importance of demonstrating immediate authenticity and credibility, exhibiting consistency, and becoming teachable.
- Cure 11–Develop Yourself and Your People, allows you to tap into your and your peoples’ potential. It discusses the significance of leadership growth, crafting your and your team’s development plan, and those vulnerable team members.
To read the Preface of the book, check this page: https://www.successpws.com/1sttimerbook
Note: You don’t need to wait until the book is published. If you are a 1st timer team lead, supervisor, manager, or business owner, enroll for the online course which is already available. Here is the link to enroll: https://www.successpws.com/first-timer