Dr. Assegid (AZ) Habtewold is the author of Overcoming 1st Timer Syndrome- Amazon #1 Best Seller, and Transformation Strategist who empower leaders create and nurture a unique culture for a competitive edge. He is also committed to inspiring individuals and teams to tap into their full potential, encourage them to outlast setbacks, and grow continually until they become world-class in what they do so that they may live a fulfilling and rewarding life based on their uniqueness and by giving their best to serve a greater number of people, which in turn allow them to have a meaningful impact while alive, unchain their greatness to the fullest, and ultimately die empty leaving an enduring legacy.
To achieve the above mission, he provides the following services:
- Keynote and motivational speeches at your events to inspire, inform and challenge your people to know their uniqueness, aim high, and tap into their individual and collective greatness
- One-on-one and group coaching to equip your people on their journey toward greatness
- Programs to empower your people to grow holistically.
Speaking of programs, Dr. AZ designs:
Our programs empower your people to grow holistically in the following three growth areas:
- Mind set (positive mentality and attitude),
- Skill set (world-class leadership competencies), and
- Character set (resilient personality with authenticity and trustworthiness)
AZ’s programs contain:
- Unique models,
- Practical tools,
- Workable strategies, and tactics that can be used right away to bring meaningful changes from the get-go.
Based on the latest adult learning principles, AZ engages his audiences by creating:
- Large and small group discussions,
- Role plays,
- Assignments, and more.
- Government agencies and corporations in the fields of a) Information Technology, b) Healthcare, c) Science and Research, and d) Manufacturing.
- Private and International Development Agencies.
- Community and non-profit organizations that serve minorities and underdogs.
Before becoming a speaker and trainer in 2007, AZ worked as:
- Researcher for an international research organization in Ethiopia,
- Software engineer for an American multi-billion dollar semi-conductor manufacturing company, and
- Trainer for some national and global training companies.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree,
- Master’s in computer science, and
- Doctorate of Strategic Leadership.
He also has certifications such as:
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI),
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ),
- Project Management Professional (PMP), and
- Instructional Systems Design (ISD).
He has published five books:
- Redefining Leadership
- The 9 Cardinal Building Blocks for Continued Success in Leadership
- Soft Skills That Make or Break Your Success
- The Highest Level of Greatness
- Unchain Your Greatness
- Overcoming 1st Timer Syndrome in Leadership (in press)
He is a host of the Pick Yourself Up show that airs on MMCTV Channel 16.
AZ is originally from Ethiopia and has been in the US since 2005. He lives in Maryland, US.
He is a proud member of the following professional associations:
a) National Speakers Association,
b) Association for Talent Development,
c) International Leadership Association,
d) Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), and