Dr. AZ- Transition & Transformation Strategist who empowers 1st-time supervisors, managers & executives to make a smooth transition, and helps organizations to experience transformation by creating, nurturing, and leverage a unique and robost culture for a competitive edge.
I. Transition Strategist
Many organizations don’t train their 1st time supervisors, managers, and executives adequately before giving them new leadership responsibilities for the first time. They just promote them based on their previous performance or leadership success and expect them to succeed at their new leadership role without empowering them upfront to develop the right mindset, competencies, and personality it takes to succeed from the get-go. As a result, many first-timers struggle to make a smooth transition and excel in their new leadership role since they experience all or some of the following 1st timer syndrome symptoms. They feel:
• Unhealthy (because of stress, anxiety, and the likes), and
• Many similar 1st timer syndrome symptoms that impact their performance, influence, and wellbeing, and in turn the overall success of their team and the greater organization.
On the contrary, first-time supervisors, managers, and executives that have been empowered to make a smooth transition into their new leadership roles:
• Feel prepared, equipped, and certain about what they are supposed to do from day one
• Demonstrate confidence from the get-go
• Become assertive and be in charge right away
• Get along with all stakeholders quickly
• Mobilize their people and deliver quick results
• Keep work-life balance with improved well being
Dr. AZ is a Transition Strategist who empowers 1st-time supervisors, managers, and executives to make a smooth transition into their new leadership position. He empowers them to make a shift in their mindset, develop quick competencies, and adjust their personality that allows them to succeed at their new leadership role from the get-go. AZ familiarizes 1st timers with the unique nature of the new role, the challenges that accompany it, and how to overcome, or at least, lessen their impacts right away. He also provides some helpful models, processes, templates, strategies, and tactics that allow new supervisors, managers, and executives to quickly get to work, be in charge, get along with stakeholders, and begin to deliver results right out of the gate.
II. Transformation Strategist
Many organizations aren’t leveraging a unique corporate culture for a competitive edge. Regardless of state-of-the-art technologies, hard-working employees, and extraordinary products and services, they barely meet their goals, let alone experience transformation, and thrive in this globalized and highly competitive century by transforming their organizations. As a result, they may experience all or some of the following organizational symptoms:
• Demotivated workforce
• Absence of trust among team members
• Poor productivity
• High turnover
• Increased conflicts
• Declined revenue
• Lost market share
• Lack of significant influence in their respective industry
• And similar other symptoms.
On the other hand, organizations that could create and maintain a unique and vibrant culture enjoy:
• Extremely engaged workforce
• High level of trust and synergy
• Increased performance
• Lower turnover
• Fewer conflicts
• Increased revenue and market share
• Expanding influence in the marketplace
• And the likes
Dr. AZ is a Transformation Strategist who empowers leaders to bring transformation by creating and nurturing unique corporate culture. He helps leaders fully understand the power of culture, and how it makes or breaks the overall success of a team/organization. AZ also explains the role of corporate culture in improving performance, promoting healthy relationships among stakeholders, facilitating the necessary changes, and ultimately fulfilling the mission and meeting the goals of a given team/organization. He shows how to create (configure), and continually nurture (reconfigure) the culture to create a conducive environment necessary to enjoy collective (team and organizational) success on a consistent basis. On top of helping organizations to create and nurture a unique culture that aligns with their mission, brand, and a culture that creates the atmosphere to attain collective success on a consistent basis, he empowers leaders of these organizations at various levels to develop the necessary leadership competencies that contribute toward creating and nurturing a unifying culture. Depending on the kind of culture the organization intends to have, leaders of teams, departments, and the organization overall may need to develop all or at least many of the following competencies. And, Dr. AZ offers the latest insights, facts, case studies, frameworks, tools, and approaches to develop or refine leaders’ ability to:
• Create and Nurture Your Unique Culture
• Establish an Inclusive Workplace to Tap into the Full Potential of Your Diverse Workforce
• Build Your People’s Emotional Fitness to Improve Their Well-being and the Success of the Organization
• Engage in 360˚ Communication for Healthy Workplace and Productivity
• Take Advantage of Project Management Principles for Extraordinary Results
• Balance Tactical with Strategic Thinking for Sustainable Success
• Manage Priority & Time for Improved Performance
• Exchange Feedback at All Levels for Soaring Productivity
• Turn conflicts into opportunities
• Excel in Motivating and Engaging Others for Maximum Performance
• Make Right and Ethical Decisions
• Manage Change and Crisis Smoothly and Smartly
Below download the onesheet.
Approaches and Formt:
Dr. AZ designs and delivers customized transition and transformation programs filled with:
• Latest insights
• Lively stories and examples
• Workable models and frameworks
• Practical tools
• Effective strategies, and tactics that can be used right away to bring meaningful results right away
Based on the latest adult learning principles, whether in person or virtually, AZ engages with participants by creating:
• Large and small group discussions (breakouts),
• Assignments, and more.
AZ serves diverse clients in some government agencies and corporations in the fields of:
i. Information Technology,
iii. Science and Research, and
v. Private and International Development Agencies
vi. Community and non-profit organizations that serve minorities and underdogs.
Before becoming an author, speaker, coach, and facilitator in 2007, AZ had worked as:
1. Researcher for an international research organization in Ethiopia,
2. Software engineer for an American multi-billion dollar semi-conductor manufacturing company, and
3. Trainer for some national and global training companies.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree,
• Master’s in computer science, and
• Doctorate of Strategic Leadership
He also has certifications such as:
• Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI),
• Emotional Intelligence (EQ),
• Project Management Professional (PMP), and
• Instructional Systems Design (ISD).
He has published six books:
• Overcoming 1st Timer Syndrome in Leadership (Amazon’s #1 Best Seller)
• Unchain Your Greatness
• The Highest Level of Greatness
• Soft Skills That Make or Break Your Success
• The 9 Cardinal Building Blocks for Continued Success in Leadership
• Redefining Leadership
He is a host of the Pick Yourself Up show that airs on MMCTV Channel 16.
AZ is originally from Ethiopia and has been in the US since 2005. He lives in Maryland, US.
He is a proud member of the following professional associations:
a) National Speakers Association,
b) Association for Talent Development,
c) International Leadership Association,
d) Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM),
e) Meeting Professionals International, and
e) Toastmasters International.