30 Sep How to Excel in Your Public Speaking to Defeat What You Hate & Get What You Love
I passionately hate the status quo, poverty (not poor people), and mediocrity! I unashamedly love transformation, excellence, wealth (not just rich), significance, and fulfillment, and I also love empowering others to enjoy these.
But, neither I HATE nor LOVE what I DO (skills and actions) to defeat what I hate and get what I love.
One such thing I DO is public speaking.
Many people assume that I love speaking. I DON’T! But, I MUST do it!
It took me years to excel in public speaking (Of course, I’m still learning, the advanced stuff though).
Over the years, it brought great friends, partners, clients and earned me thousands of dollars… Now, I actually coach, train, and mentor others to develop, refine, and master this life-changing soft skill.
I’ve used this high-impact and high-earning skill to beat what I HATE and achieve what I LOVE. It’s just a means to an end: nothing more, nothing less…
You could be an introvert and FEAR public speaking to DEATH. You’re not alone!
The overwhelming majority of people are scared of public speaking.
You don’t need to FEAR nor LOVE it.
But, you MUST do it to DEFEAT what you despise & hate, and GET what you desperately love to have. No shortcut…
By the way, I relate with you. Me too, I’m an introvert. Oh, you don’t believe me? You’re not alone.
Many of my audience members are stunned when I tell them that I’m an introvert.
Seeing me on the stage speaking loudly, full of energy, and excitement; and lively chatting with them offline, they assume that I’m an extrovert.
Sadly, it is still a myth. Many people wrongly assume that all people who have preference for introversion are shy, silent, and lonely… That is utterly FALSE!
No big deal; I’ve a preference for introversion. I really enjoy spending hours every day- praying, reflecting, meditating, reading, writing, and taking a long walk… At the same time, I learned how to get out of my comfort zone to network, mingle with others, and speak publicly… These two aren’t mutually exclusive to me. They actually complement one another.
The point is, whether you’re an introvert or extrovert, whether you hate or love public speaking, you MUST learn how to excel in public speaking if your desire is to:
- Succeed in what you do,
- Promote your ideas and gain others’ support,
- Become influential and significant,
- Advance in your career, take your business, or community to the next level…
I’ll soon share with you where and when I started public speaking and how it did go, and 3 mistakes many speakers make and how to avoid these in my next blog. If you cannot wait till the next blog to know how I did perform at my first public speech, here is a spoiler: It was a mess, disaster, and embarrassing… Stay Tuned!
By the way, if you’re:
- An aspiring or newly promoted team leader, project manager, or supervisor
- An aspiring or a recent founder or business owner
- A senior leader who coach and mentor emerging leaders, if you haven’t yet, you should take advantage of the FREE plus Shipment offer I created to give away my book ‘Overcoming 1st Timer Syndrome’ with so many irresistible FREE bonuses.
It should not take you years, as it took me, to speak like a pro at your first or next public speech. You can cut the learning curve and stop winging it but rather step on the stage to rock it and have an undeniable impact. Below are some resources and opportunities I offer you and your team:
- One of the FREE bonuses is a Checklist on how to “Feel and Act Like a Pro When You Make Your 1st or Next High Stake Public Speech to Appear Confident, Connect, and Have Impact Even if You Have No or Little Public Speaking Experience” Click here and get the book and the checklist.
- If you’re serious about speaking like a pro at your next public speech, willing to invest your time and resources, and would like me to coach you, apply for our coaching service. Click here and fill out the application form online.
- If you need a keynote speaker for your next event who inspires, challenges, and equips your people to excel in their public speaking, learn more about the program and fill out the Online Speaker Form and Submit it.
- If you would like me and my team to custom design and deliver a 1 or 2-day virtual or in-person workshop, reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org We can tailor design a highly engaging, interactive, and hands-on program based on the latest adult learning principles which include large and small discussions, pairing, role plays, and more…